After the closing of the nearly two months long open call for documentary projects, the international jury consisting of the following members: Sasa Kralj (Croatia), Filip Horvat (Croatia), Jeff Jacobson (USA), Barbara Saric (Croatia) and Matt Lutton (USA) has selected a total of 11 documentary projects which will be showedcased in the Karas gallery during the 4th International Photography festival Organ Vida.
The finalists are:
1. Geir Moseid: Plucked (Norway)
2. Stephen Kelly: Qi Lihe (England)
3. Sanja Knežević: Family Matters (Serbia)
4. Christian Stejshal: Garbage City (Norway)
5. Marco Lachi: How does it feel to be leaving the most beautiful city in the world? (Italy)
6. Mateusz Sarello: Swell (Poland)
7. Akshay Mahajan: I don't want to sleep alone (India)
8. Kirill Golovhenko: The Ukrainian breakthrough (Germany)
9. Alesandro Vecchi: Other Kosovars (Italija)
10. Tommaso Protti: Turkish Blue Gold (Italia)
11. Hamelin Jean-Francois: Harwesting the North (Canada)
Out of these 11 finalists, the jury will be selecting the winners of the first, second, and third prize of the festival, and the award show will be held on June 16th at cinema Europa in Zagreb.
The schedule of the 4th international photography festival will be announced soon.
Congratulations to the finalists!
|< Prev||Next >|
4th PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL
Theme: Documentary Photography
Cinema Europa / Gallery Karas
3rd PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL
Theme: About People
Student center Gallery
- The contest is over!
- Izložba Marka Ercegovića u Galeriji KAJ
- Suradnja LMU-ALU - Posljednja koju smo imali nedavno
- Objava finalista godišnjeg natječaja Rovinj Photodays 2013
- SEE New Perspectives: IZ UGLA FOTOGRAFA S BALKANA
- Extended deadline!
- Lineup INmusic festivala sve bogatiji – dolazi Team Ghost
- Aftermath. Changing Cultural Landscape. Suvremena fotografija skupine autora
- 5th international photography festival Organ Vida - calls for submissions on the theme Spaces
- Fest prop
'Organ Vida' is an international photography festival held annually in Zagreb. The festival is currently in its 5th year of running.
The objective of this festival is to promote the contemporary Croatian and foreign trends in photography, to strengthen the photography scene in Croatia, and to present quality works to a wide audience. Through its continuous development, this festival aims to become the leading international photography festival (especially open to the young photographers) in the region.
The festival programme comprises of various types of events - lectures, creative workshops, presentations of different photographers and their projects, exhibitions, and music gigs.
Each edition of the festival is centered around a specific theme within the field of documentary photography. The works for the exhibition need to be submitted via our online application form. This year, the jury will select 10 of the best documentary projects to be displayed at a large group exhibition during the festival. After the closing, the exhibition will tour several cities in Croatia and abroad.
Along with the exhibition and workshops, what we offer at our festival is also the opportunity to have fun, meet new creative friends (photographers as well as other artists), exchange advice and experiences, and expand your professional network. It is our belief that these types of live events significantly contribute to the development and strengthening of the photographic scene, because the photographers are given a chance to show their work to a wide audience, explain and discuss them, and receive comments and feedback right away.
We are happy to invite you to visit our next festival and become a part of our Organ Vida community! And in case you see yourself as a potential sponsor or supporter of the festival, please contact us with your ideas for co-operation.